This class is designed to help owners of dogs who bark, growl, lunge and jump around on leash when they catch sight of another dog.
We believe that the training you receive in this class will not only improve your dog’s behavior, it can also be inherently enjoyable and stimulating to your dog, and provide you both with rewarding experiences together. Fee: $200
Taught several times a year, this accelerated four-week course of 90-minute sessions is limited to four handler-dog teams. This class is not suitable for dogs who show fear in the presence of strangers. For everyone’s safety, dogs must wear a Snoot Loop head halter and muzzle when doing exercises on the floor. Dogs also wear a front-attach ring harness. Handlers use a leash with clips at both ends. To develop solid handling skills, students are urged to practice assigned exercises spelled out on a weekly homework sheet.
What you’ll learn:
- The basics of how dogs learn by association and consequence.
- How to manage your dog’s behavior to prevent him from displaying at other dogs.
- A variety of handling techniques to both manage and train your dog.
- How to decide which to do in a given situation.
Next five-week class starts September 13, 2019 from 1:15 pm – 2:45 pm.
- This class is given in conjunction with Your Dog’s Friend, non-profit organization whose goal is to help keep dogs out of shelters by educating and supporting dog owners. It will be held at 12221 Parklawn Drive, Rockville, MD 20852. In order to enroll in this class, please go to Your Dog’s Friend Training Center, locate the class list and click on Intensive Growly Dog Class. Follow the instructions for payment.
How to Prepare Your Dog for Class
You will receive detailed instructions three weeks before the class starts.
Come When Called Dog Training follows the policy set by Your Dog’s Friend.
Your Dog’s Friend will return your check by mail or offer credit toward another class. If after the first session of a class a dog is unable to attend due to an injury or illness, you can receive a 50% credit toward a future class. I regret that no credit or refund can be provided for any reason after the first session of a class. There is a $15 fee for all returned checks.
Attendance is vitally important for this accelerated class. Handling skills are demonstrated and practiced in class so that you are able to perform them correctly at home
In order to protect all participants in a class, Come When Called reserves the right to decline entry to any dog who presents behavior issues that may be overly dangerous, disruptive or that may be exacerbated by participation in a group class. If behavior issues are discovered during the class and I determine that it is in everyone’s best interest to seek private training, we will discuss private training and you will receive a full refund.